Scholarships and Available Grants
As a Continuous Education Training Centre (CETC) approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) since December 2012, SHATEC offers the Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) courses with up to 70% funding* to Singaporean, Singapore PR and LTVP+ holder applicants.
Please refer to specific funding details under respective WSQ programmes:
Hospitality & Tourism
Pastry & Bakery
*Subject to terms, conditions and approval by governing authorities.
In partnership with local Trustees and industry partners, SHATEC offers scholarships in recognition of outstanding academic achievements, leadership qualities and special talents. The SHATEC scholarships are open to all new and local entrants who qualify for a course of full-time study in SHATEC, while the SHATEC Study Awards are presented to existing students with outstanding academic and co-curriculum achievements.
The SHATEC Scholarships are supported by:
- Tan Chay Bing Education Fund (by HSBC Trustee)
- Singapore Hotel Association (SHA) Education Fund
- Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents
- Family Monthly Household Per Capita Income (PCI) not exceeding S$1,500.00
- Good performance in GCE ‘N’/’O’ Level
- Good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Records
- Good character and conduct
- Successful interview with Scholarship Committee
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship or government funding in the same academic year
- Applicants may obtain the scholarship application form from Student Administration at the point of course enquiry.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents (including academic results, CCA records, certificates of achievements and household income documentary evidences).
- Applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications, their family financial situation and their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship awardee must consistently meet graduation criteria and maintain good records for conduct and attendance.
- Scholars will be required to take part in community involvement programmes or projects deemed appropriate and/or directed by the School.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the School and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, SHATEC reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
- SHATEC reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
|Household Income Criteria||Quantum|
|PCI ≤ $900
||100% of course fee payable|
|$900 < PCI ≤ $1,500||50% of course fee payable|