Award Criteria of the Chairman’s List
The Chairman’s List is one of the school’s highest academic honour awarded to students from full-time courses who excelled academically in their course of study. Students must have passed each module with:
- at least a C grade in their first attempt and have achieved a Grade Point Average of not less than 3.0 out of a maximum of 4.0;
- minimum “B” grade for Attendance & Conduct;
- minimum “B” grade for Industrial Attachment.
To be eligible, students must have a full study load for entire duration of the programme. The Chairman’s List is awarded to the top 5% of the graduating cohort each year.
Award Criteria of the Inspiring Learner’s Awards
The Inspiring Learner’s Awards recognise the achievements of mid-career adult learners who have continued to upgrade themselves and excelled in their academic studies while serving full-time employment. The Inspiring Learner’s Awards List is awarded to the top 5% of the graduating cohort each year. To qualify for this award, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- enrolled in a full qualification course
- attained a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or overall average SHATEC score of at least 75%;
- identified as a role model who engages in continuous learning while serving the industry i.e. he/she must be working on full-time basis during the course of study
Award Criteria of SHA Meritorious Awards
The SHA Meritorious Awards are the highest academic achievements presented to the most well-rounded top student(s) from the graduating cohort.
For the SHA Meritorious Award (Skills), the award recipient is the overall top full-time Diploma student from the Skills Programmes which are:
- WSQ Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts)
- WSQ Diploma in in Food Services (Pastry & Baking)
For the SHA Meritorious Award (Management), the award recipient is the overall top full-time Diploma student from the Management Programme which is:
- WSQ Diploma in Hotel & Accommodation Services