- SHATEC successfully renewed the 4 years EduTrust award, valid from 03 April 2018 to 02 April 2022. (Certificate No: EDU-2-2051).
- SHATEC successfully renewed registration with the Committee for Private Education, valid from 16 July 2018 to 15 July 2022 (ERF registration number: 198301550C).
- SHATEC received extension of its 4 years EduTrust award, from 09 October 2017 to 30 April 2018. (Certificate No: EDU-2-2051).
- SHATEC launched Mentoring Organizations as a new building block to the Industry Mentorship Programme @ SHATEC
- SHATEC celebrated the 1st year anniversary of the Industry Mentorship Programme @ SHATEC on 12 August 2016.
- SHATEC successfully renewed the CET Centre status with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- SHATEC launches its very own Industry Mentorship Programme @ SHATEC on 31 July 2015. The first of its kind for an industry school, this programme sees SHATEC working with accomplished leaders from the tourism and hospitality industry to offer one-on-one mentoring to SHATEC students.
- SHATEC reaches out to alumni worldwide with the official launch of the SHATEC Global Alumni on 23 January 2015.
- SHATEC is registered with the Committee for Private Education as a Private Education Institution. Registration period is valid from 16 July 2014 to 15 July 2018 (ERF registration number: 198301550C).
- SHATEC attained the certification with Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) as the Approved Programme Provider.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed on 14 August 2014 to formalise the collaboration as an effort to establish inter-institutional educational immersion between SHATEC and Meiho University.
- SHATEC Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 21 November 2014 with School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Educational Partnership
- SHATEC has attained the 4 years EduTrust award, valid from 10 October 2013 to 09 October 2017. (Certificate No: EDU-2-2051)
- Shatec Institutes is appointed as a CET Centre for the Tourism and F&B Industries by SkillsFuture Singapore. Aspiring talents and working professionals will get up to 90% course fee funding for enrolment into WSQ programmes.
- Shatec Institutes attained the EduTrust (Provisional) mark, valid from 16 November 2012 to 15 November 2013. (Cert No: EDU-3-3030)
- Shatec Institutes attained the EduTrust (Provisional) mark. New validity period for 1 year from 14 October 2011 to 13 October 2012. (Cert No: EDU-3-3030)
- Shatec Institutes is registered with the Committee for Private Education as a Private Education Institution.
Registration period is valid from 16 July 2010 to 15 July 2014 (ERF registration number: 198301550C).
- Shatec Institutes attained the EduTrust (Provisional) mark. New validity period for 1 year from 14 October 2010 to 13 October 2011. (Cert No: EDU-3-3030)
- SHATEC was renamed ‘Shatec Institutes’ in a rebranding exercise to reflect the new corporate structure and
improved curriculum. The exercise includes the establishment of seven new individual institutes – Institute for Hosting, Institute of Leisure & Tourism, Institute of Lodging, Institute of Restaurants & Bars, Institute of Wines & Spirits, Institute of Culinary Arts and Institute of Pastry & Baking to offer targeted and niche programmes taught by industry specialists.
- Shatec Institutes attained the Singapore Quality Class for Private Education Organisations.
- SHATEC attained certification as an accredited educational institution from the Education Office Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Singapore, as well as Workforce Development Agency Workforce Skills
Qualifications (WSQ) (currently known as SkillsFuture Singapore) organisational accreditation.
- SHATEC attained CaseTrust for Education status for exceptional student welfare and business practices.
- SHATEC gained the Singapore Quality Class for Private Education Organisations (SQC PEO) accreditation in
recognition of our business excellence.
1993 – 2001
- Singapore Hotel Association Tourism and Education Centre (SHATEC) – began its focus on culinary arts education. Participation in numerous culinary competitions locally and internationally led to an achievement of more than 40 prestigious medals won.
- SHATEC expanded in operations and moved from Nassim Hill to Mount Sophia and finally to our current
premises at Bukit Batok. In the 1990s, the forerunner of Shatec Institutes – the Singapore Hotel Association
- Tourism and Education Centre (SHATEC) – began its focus on culinary arts education. Participation in numerous culinary competitions locally and internationally led to an achievement of more than 40 prestigious medals won.
SHATEC expanded in curriculum at the start of the new millennium.
- As the academic reputation of SHATEC grew steadily, we gained recognition for our instrumental role in moulding Singapore’s manpower development for the tourism sector. In 1992, we were conferred the Most Outstanding Contribution to Tourism award.
- Shatec Institutes (Formerly SHATEC) was established with the aim of providing skilled manpower for Singapore’s burgeoning tourism industry in the 1980s. Established in 1983 by the Singapore Hotel Association (SHA), with grants from the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and support from Singapore Development Federation and National Productivity Board, SHATEC was officially inaugurated by the late Dr Tay Eng Soon (then-Minister of State for Education