Sustainability Leadership in Hospitality
Mode of Study:
2 full days (9.00am – 6.00pm)
9 & 10 Jan 2023
23 & 24 Mar 2023
Registration closes 2 weeks before course commencement.
Please contact SHATEC for more details
Singapore's commitment to "Go Greener" and achieve net-zero emissions within a 2050 timeframe inspires the tourism industry toward sustainability and climate resiliency to create a Thriving SG Tourism Future.
In line with STB's ambition of becoming one of the world's most sustainable urban destinations, this workshop is for groups of employees and individual members of a company's "Green Team" that collaborates to advance sustainability efforts while curating engaging eco-friendly guest experiences.
Workshop participants will discover the intrinsic value of integrating sustainability throughout its business operations and understand how everyone across all operating departments, together with its stakeholders, has a vital role in positively impacting their organisation, local community, and tourism destination.
Relatable tourism examples will demonstrate how essential principles, strategies, and best practices in sustainability and responsible tourism can inspire positive change and deliver measurable results. Engaging guest speakers, case studies, group discussions, and 'quick-start' sustainability programme management tools with planning templates will help participants internalise and operationalise key learning points.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for senior hotel managers and executives who have the authority or desire to align and lead their organisation’s efforts toward successful sustainability outcomes and anyone who would like to better understand the fundamentals of sustainability and responsible tourism for professional development and personal growth.
- Using SDGs to prioritise sustainability initiatives with corporate values and strategies
- Capitalising on the shift towards sustainability and conscious consumerism
- Leveraging sustainability principles, responsible tourism practices, and industry standards
- Performance Benchmarking: Know your starting point in your sustainability journey
- Plugging Leaky Buckets: Assessments and solutions to reduce water loss and energy costs
- Transiting towards a 'Circular Economy Mindset' to shrink waste and increase productivity
- Developing responsible procurement policies and communicating your green credentials
- The ESG Conundrum: Making good on your promises and actions
- Sustainability strategy development, action planning, and impact measurements
- Building a business case for sustainability transformation
- Operationalising and optimising a 'value-driven' sustainability plan
- Guiding Principles of Sustainable Tourism in Singapore
- Water & Energy Conservation
- Waste Management & Resource Efficiency
- Sustainable Sourcing & Responsible Procurement
- Programme Management
- Commitment to Action and Continuous Improvement (CACI)
The programme features engaging guest speakers, case studies, group discussions, and 'quick start' sustainability planning and management tools to help participants internalise and operationalise key learning outcomes.
Participants must attain at least 75% of attendance in order to be eligible for the assessments:
- 2 Online Quizzes
- 1 Work-based group project presentation using the assigned case study
All participants who complete the workshop successfully will receive a Certificate of Achievement awarded by SHATEC.
Course Fee wef 1 Jan 2023
Self-Sponsored / International Participants
1Company-Sponsored Singaporeans/PRs for the Hospitality Industry
Full Course Fee incl. 8% GST
e2i Course Fee Support
Nett Course Fee Payable incl. 8% GST
* In accordance with the Budget 2022 announcement, the GST rate will be increased from:
(i) 7% to 8% with effect from 1 Jan 2023; and
(ii) 8% to 9% with effect from 1 Jan 2024.
- 8% GST will apply to full payments received by SHATEC from 1 January 2023 onwards.
- Full payments received by SHATEC before 1 January 2023 will have no adjustment to the 7% GST.
Please refer to https://www.iras.gov.sg/ for more information on the GST rate change.
1Companies in the Hospitality Industry are eligible for 70% course fee support from the Employment and Employability Institute Pte. Ltd. ("e2i") when they send their staff (Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Resident who are PMETs only) for this course. Please contact us for more information and terms and conditions. In the event that the company-sponsored learners fail to meet the terms and conditions, SHATEC reserves the right to recover the funding amount.
2Class commencement is subjected to minimum class size met.
3Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The following payment modes are available:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
Course Supported By
Share This Course