Elevated Industry Learning
real-life operations guided by experienced trainers
Ground-Up Leadership Training
Understand hotel management from multiple supervisory roles
Maximise Your Interests
Build a career in the growing hospitality & tourism landscape
The programme is conducted over 3 trimesters of 6 months each (total 18 months).
For the first 3 months, trainees will attend full-time 5-day per week institutional training on campus.
From 4th month onwards, trainees will attend 3-day institutional training per week (combination of in-person and online learning) and serve 3-day apprenticeship with a hotel.
9 January 2023
7 July 2024
All trainees will receive $1,300 a month for the apprenticeship duration (total of 15 months).
Minimum 3 GCE ‘N’ Level / WPLN 5 / WSQ Advanced Certificate in Food Services / NITEC / Qualifications of equivalent standard may be recognised on a case-to-case basis / Minimum 1-year experience in the Food Services (Culinary Arts) industry
Singaporean / Singapore Permanent Resident applicants should be aged at least 21 years old and above
(Interview may be waived for applicants who has successfully completed any preceding WSQ Certificate level(s).)
At least one of the following proficiency levels in English:
- Pass in GCE ‘N’ Level English
- Band 5.0 in IELTS
- Minimum score of 61 points (internet-based total) in TOEFL
- Pass in SHATEC English Test
- Pass in SHATEC Certificate in Basic and Hospitality English / SHATEC Certificate in Hospitality English
A pass in any preceding WSQ Certificate level(s) will also be recognised as fulfilment of English proficiency requirements.
- Food and Beverage Safety Standards I
- Food Safety and Hygiene L1
- Basic Skills for Kitchen Operations
- Western Cold Dish Preparation L1
- Western Dry-Heat Dish Preparation and Cooking L1
- Food and Beverage Inventory Management L1
- Curating Customer Experiences
- Customer Service Excellence L1
- Restaurant Service Skills for Chefs
- Food and Beverage Service L2
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the
Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts) by SkillsFuture Singapore.
Course Fee Payable after SkillsFuture Funding (where applicable), inclusive of 7% GST
Singaporeans below 40 years old / Singapore PR / LTVP+ Holders
Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above
- Course fee payable include essential training items.
- Singaporeans and Singapore PRs will be eligible for up to 70% SSG Baseline Course Fee Grant. With effect from 1 October 2021, this training support will be extended to Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holders. The LTVP+ scheme applies to lawful foreign spouses of Singapore Citizens (SCs) with (i) at least one SC child or are expecting one from the marriage, or at least three years of marriage, and (ii) where the SC sponsor is able to support the family. LTVP+ holders will be identified with their green visit pass cards, with the word ‘PLUS’ on the back of the card.Funding is subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
- The SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) is applicable for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above for up to 90% of course fees. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/enhancedsubsidy.
- Singaporeans may utilize available funds within their Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to offset total net course fee payable.
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when they sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). NTUC members from 40 years and above enjoy up to $500 per year. For more information and terms and conditions, please refer to https://e2i.com.sg/individuals/ntuc-education-and-training-fund/.
Share This Course