This programme provides students with a holistic overview of the world of culinary arts as they learn culinary principles, management science, and contemporary dining concepts and cuisines, with real-life practice in industrial and commercial kitchens.
|WSQ Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts) (Part-Time) (DFCP)||April 2020||Start: 15 April 2020
End: 16 December 2020
|October 2020||Start: 01 October 2020
End: 1 July 2021
Mode of Study
The average teacher-to-student ratio is 1:40 for theory lessons and 1:20 for practical lessons.
Theory and practical examinations, practical exercises, presentations, written assignments, projects, class participation.
Duration & Structure
29 months OR
36 weeks with approved exemptions. Refer to Entry Requirements for more details.
Participants will be expected to complete 9 skills under 6 learning units. The programme will be conducted once a week 9.00am – 6.00pm.
WSQ Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts) awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore.
- Food Hygiene*
- Follow Food and Beverage Safety and HygienePolicies and Procedures
- Basic Skills for Kitchen Operations*
- Demonstrate Basic Knife Skills
- Receive and Store Products
- Maintain Safe and Secure Working Environments
- Prepare Western Cold Sauces
- Professional Development 1*
- Project a Positive and Professional Image
Higher Certificate Level
- Fundamentals of Western Cooking*
- Prepare Equipment and Ingredients
- Prepare Western Foundation Sauces
- Prepare Western Stocks and Soups
- Principles of Western Cooking*
- Prepare Fish and Seafood for Cooking
- Prepare Basic Western Egg and Dairy Products
- Demonstrate Basic Dry Heat Cooking Methods
- Demonstrate Basic Moist Heat Cooking Methods
- Prepare Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts and Mushrooms
- Prepare Basic Western Grains and Legumes
- Prepare Cold Plates and Garnishes
- Restaurant Service Skills for Chefs*
- Interact and Serve Food and Beverage Customers
- Prepare for Service (Mise En Place)
- Provide Go-the-Extra-Mile Service
Advanced Certificate Level
- Advanced Culinary Techniques*
- Demonstrate Advanced Dry Heat Cooking Techniques
- Demonstrate Advanced Moist Heat Cooking Techniques
- Demonstrate Sous Vide Method
- Food Quality Management*
- Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audits
- Supervise Quality Procedures
- Pastry and Baking Techniques*
- Demonstrate Baking Techniques, Mixing Methods, and Piping Skills
- Prepare Sweet and Savoury Fillings, Sauces and Creams
- Food Nutrition*
- Understand Nutritional Knowledge and Dietary Requirements
- Communication Skills*
- Facilitate Effective Communication and Engagement at the Workplace
- Professional Development 2*
- Develop Self to Maintain Professional Competence at Supervisory Level
- Specialty Cuisines
- Prepare Various Types of Cuisines
- Prepare Advanced Western Salads and Garnishes
- Specialty Pastries and Desserts
- Prepare Dry Heat and Moist Heat Asian Desserts
- Bake for Health
- Kitchen Organisation
- Apply Food and Beverages Concepts and Set-up
- Food Production Management
- Supervise Food Production
- Maintain Inventories
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Manage Cost and Quality Controls
- Problem Solving Skills for Managers
- Solve Problems and Make Decisions at Managerial Level
*Students with relevant work experience may be eligible for exemptions in relevant subjects and Industrial Attachment and as such complete the course in 36 weeks.
|WSQ Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts) (Part-Time) (DFCP)||Entry Requirements
(Singaporeans / Singapore PR / International Applicant)
|English Proficiency Requirements|
|WSQ Diploma in Food Services (Culinary Arts) (Part-Time) (DFCP)||Singaporean / Singapore PR||International|
|Full Course Fee
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$1,764.00||$5,880.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$123.48||$411.60|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable2,3 (Including GST)||$1,887.48||$6,291.60|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)4||$1,176.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from MES||$711.48||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)5||$1,470.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from WTS||$417.48||N.A.|
1Singaporeans and Singapore PRs will be eligible for up to 70% SSG funding for all WSQ Diploma level programmes. Funding is subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
2Course fee payable include essential training items.
3Singaporeans may also utilize available funds within their Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) or SkillsFuture Credits (where applicable) to offset total net course fee payable.All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
5The WTS is for Singaporeans aged 35 years and above (13 years old and above for Persons With Disabilities) and who earn a monthly income of not more than $2,000.00
|Description||When Payable||Amountc (incld. GST)|
|Application Fees||Upon application
|SHATEC English Testb||Upon admission
|Re-Admission Fees||Upon admission
|Late Payment Fee||Upon exceeding the instalment due date||1% per month on amount outstanding, payable together with the amount outstanding|
|Review / Remarking of Examination Paper
(per theory subject)
|Upon registration of Re-Exam||53.50|
|Re-Examination (per WSQ module or SHATEC theory subject)||Upon registration of Re-Exam||107.00|
(per SHATEC practical subject)
|Re-Examination with Tutorial
(minimum of 2 hours)
|214.00 for first 2 hour block
107.00/subsequent hour or part thereof
|Kitchen Based Practical Practice (fees do not include ingredients)||Upon registration of Practical Practice||53.50 for first 4 hour block
16.05/ subsequent hour or part thereof
|Replacement of Student ID||Upon provision of service||5.35|
aMiscellaneous fees refer to any non-compulsory and non-standard fees which the student will pay only where applicable. Miscellaneous fees are generally out of pocket expenses which cannot be offset by PSEA or SkillsFuture Credits.
bSHATEC English Test is only registered where the student does not fulfil the English requirements required by SHATEC during application.
cAll prices quoted are accurate at time of print but may be subjected to changes without notice.
Tel: (65) 6415 3510 / 519 / 528 / 554