In James Lavenson’s original speech and article in 1974 on managing New York’s Plaza Hotel, the philosophy of “Think Strawberries: Everybody Sells” was introduced. It refers to the role of everyone in an organisation to sell and/or up-sell its products and services. From a small sales team to an organisation of sales persons, this is the philosophy of “Think Strawberries”. In this workshop, we focus on how each member of the hotel can be a part of the organisation’s sales team through introducing the concept of “Think Strawberries” to the participants, and engaging them in the techniques and principles of upselling and suggestive selling.
The workshop has two tracks, Front Office and Food and Beverage operations. For each track, the content will be contextualised for the audience, with examples, case scenarios and techniques tailored to the needs of the respective functions:
- Think Strawberries: Upselling and Suggestive Selling for Front Office Staff
- Think Strawberries: Upselling and Suggestive Selling for Food and Beverage Staff
Who should attend?
This workshop is beneficial and useful to hotel staff in any positions, be they from the front office or food and beverage operations.
Benefits of Workshop
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of “Think Strawberries” in everyday operation
- Apply appropriate suggestive and up-selling techniques in everyday operation
- Develop self to assume the role of selling in the organisation
Workshop Duration & Structure
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Our workshop takes a problem-based approach to learning, and we build each topic around realistic case studies and scenarios. The facilitator leads the discussions and is available to answer any questions about the workshop content during the session. All attendees are encouraged to be participative, share and interact with fellow participants during the session.
Participants must achieve a minimum attendance of 75% to receive a Certificate of Participation awarded by SHATEC.
- Think Strawberries: Role of Front Office / F&B Staff in Selling
- Being An Outstanding Sales Person: Rewards and Satisfaction
- Impact of Selling on Guest Satisfaction and The Hotel’s Revenue
- Upselling vs. Suggestive Selling
- Develop Self for Selling
- Self-Confidence: The First Step
- Product Knowledge
- Identify and Understand Guests’ Needs
- Techniques and Approaches
- Selling Benefits Not Features
- Upselling Techniques
- Recognising Opportunities To Apply Suggestive Selling
|“Think Strawberries”: Up-selling & Suggestive Selling for Hotel Staff (F&B)||Singaporean / Singapore PR (Inclusive GST)||International (Inclusive GST)|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$250.00||$250.00|
|7% GST on Full Course Fee||$17.50||$17.50|
|Full Course Fee, incl. GST||$267.50||$267.50|