This course provides participants with the essential skills for managing across different functions in the hotel, including preparing budgets and understanding the significance of the budgeting process; and being an effective supervisor. These modules are designed to provide contextual information and illustration from the Front Office and F&B operations.
Who should attend?
This bundle of skills is designed for the supervisors of a hotel to acquire essential skills for managing across different functions.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Theoretical foundation of different functional areas, including:
- Budgeting process
- Negotiation skills
- Effective supervision
- Able to acquire essential supervisory skills for managing across different functions
- Adopt professional approach to discharge of duties, including professional conduct, image and interactions
- Adopt a learning mind-set and openness to diversity in the context of hospitality
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 60 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 38 hours
- E-learning – 20 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, group project, role-play, online discussions and case studies
Written assessment and work-based project
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from SHATEC, and the following Statements of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- HAS-FOS-4003-1.1 Supervise Front Office Operations
- BM-FIN-303E-1 Apply Basic Negotiation Skills and Techniques
- Introduction to Supervision in a Hotel
- Role of A Supervisor: Front Office and F&B Outlets
- Essential People Skills for Supervisors
- Understanding Regulatory Requirements and Organisational Procedures
- Introduction to Basic Financial Management
|1Singaporean / Singapore PR
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$1,800.00||$1,800.00|
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$180.00||$1800.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$12.60||$126.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST1,2,5||$192.60||$1,926.00|
|Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)3,5 / SMEs||N.A.||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES2,3,5 / SMEs||N.A.||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)4,5||$90.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTS funding2,4,5||$102.60||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years old will be eligible for up to 90% SSG funding.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy
3The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
⁴WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years old and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.
⁵All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.