Social media has revolutionised the way hospitality organisations are engaging their guest. The advent of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, TripAdvisor, WhatsApp, WeChat, Instagram, Pininterestetc…has changed the ways organisations build relationships with its customers. People love to share their travel experiences and the Millennials or Generation Y travellers and guests do not go anywhere without multiple mobile devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and even smart wristbands. The guests of today share their experiences, both positive and negative, and photos & videos of themselves at various locations in a hotel, at any time of the day. The shift in paradigm has introduced a new imperative in curating the customer experience; i.e. the design of user experience beyond the tangible into the cyber space.
This 45-hour course will show you a holistic approach to delivering a consistent, seamless and personalised experience for your guest/customer by leveraging on online platforms and through experience design and recovery strategies.
Who should attend?
This workshop is targeted at executives in the hotel industry who have to interact with guests at all levels, in particular millennials who are tech savvy. This course is also suitable for individuals from any functions in hospitality industry whowish to deepen their knowledge and skills in engaging guests/customers across the digital space in today’s hospitality world.
Benefits of Workshop
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the context of service products including the service environment, service products and service delivery processes
- Gain insights in the market trends and developments in creating guest/customer experiences, including the modern digital landscape
- Understand the new demands of communication and interpersonal skills in the context of the digital landscape
- Apply the measures of guest/customer experience design
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations relating to evaluation of guest/customer experience
- Discuss the impact of social media management on quality service in the hospitality experience
- Discuss the impact of social media management on quality service in the hospitality industry
- Gain insights into the types of organisational activities in hospitality which relate to social media and types of Global Distribution Systems and social media platforms used by hospitality organisations to engage guests and travellers
- Apply knowledge and skills learnt in the programme in a work-based project
Course Duration & Structure
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Class discussions, seminars, e-learning, work-based project, field visit and guest speakers.
- Online Collaboration – 30%
- Work-based Project – 70%
Participants must achieve a minimum attendance of 75% to receive a Certificate of Participation awarded by SHATEC.
Introduction to the Service Landscape and the Modern Digital Landscape
- The Service Framework: Environment, Products and Process
- The Advent of Technology
- Market Trends and Developments
- Types of Social Media Platform
- Types of Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
- Social Media Engagement
Social Media Skills
- Blogs and Wikis
- Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus
- Videos and Photos/Photosharing
Creating an Online Presence
- Portfolios/ Websites
- Personal Pages
- Setting-up Organisation Website
- Planning website
- Registering web address
- Building website
- Graphic design and branding
- Creating and organising content
- Hosting website
- Getting the most out of mobile devices
- Launching and marketing website
- Keeping website fresh
- Facebook, Twitter, Flickrprofile, Youtube Channel, TripAdvisor
- Setting-up Organisation Website
Engaging in Online Conversations
- Types of audiences and levels of engagement
- Responding to queries and comments
- Responding to negative feedback and comments
- Online Community Building
Measures of Performance in Social Media
- Search engine rankings
- Guests’ feedback
- Bookings routed from various social media networks
- Analytics tools
- Klout Score
- Google Analytics
Managing the Online Conversation
- Rules of online consumer engagement
- Online public relations
- Online reputation management
- Experience Sharing: Expedia Experts*
Creating Guest/Customer Experience
- Understanding the guest/customer
- Customer service and service quality
- Measurements of customer satisfaction
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Guest/Customer interactions and engagements
- Designing the WOW moment
- Service Recovery
- The Zero Moment of Truth
- Experience Sharing: Google’s Micro-moments
*Guest speaker (s) or field trip
|Ms. Christine Toguchi is a versatile professional with a multi-faceted career in travel and hospitality in the USA, MEA and Asia Pacific. She possesses extensive brand management and international marketing experience, and a solid background in destination marketing, meetings & events, airline and hospitality sales & marketing, including a broad and holistic perspective of the market from the supply and demandside of the industry.
Ms. Toguchi is currently the Managing Director of MacroVision Network Pte Ltd, and through her career, which spans over more than 20 years, she has also taken on positions in the capacities of Corporate Director, Marketing (Asia Pacific), Carlson Hotels Asia Pacific; Vice President – Marketing Asia Pacific, Utell/Pegasus Solutions; Director of Marketing, Orchard Hotel Singapore; Market Development Manager (USA), All Nippon Airways Co. Ltd and was the founding Managing Director (Asia Pacific)for the HospitalitySales & MarketingAssociation International(HSMAI).
- Possess at least a pass in GCE ‘O’ level English or equivalent
- Have at least 2 years of work experiences in a hotel or hospitality related establishment
- Preferably, participant is currently holding an executive position which requires interaction with guests at all levels, and
- Preferably possess working knowledge of the use of social media
|Singaporean / Singapore PR (Inclusive GST)||International
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$980.00||$980.00|
|7% GST on Full Course Fee||$68.60||$68.60|
|Full Course Fee, incl. GST||$1,048.60||$1,048.60|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST||$314.58||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)²||$196.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, after MES||$118.58||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)³||$245.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, After Enhanced funding from WTS||$69.58||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years old will be eligible for up to 70% SSG funding.
²The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
³WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years old and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.
*Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
Companies are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.