This course equips participants with the skills to perform back-of-the-house duties which include providing reservation services and front-of-the-house duties such as serving and interacting with guests in a restaurant, front desk operations and bell services. The repertoire of skills will equip participants with the requisite competencies to be deployed across various functions in a hotel.
Who should attend?
This bundle of skills is designed for the rank and file staff of a hotel to acquire the basic skills of working across different functional areas.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Theoretical foundation of different functional areas, including:
- Reservation services
- Bell services
- Front desk operations
- Basic F&B services
- Perform basic front desk operations and bell services
- Perform basic competencies essential for reservations job role
- Deliver quality F&B services
- Adopt professional approach to discharge of duties, including professional conduct, image and interactions
- Adopt a learning mind-set and openness to diversity in the context of hospitality
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 40 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 26.5 hours
- E-learning – 12 hours
- Assessment – 1.5 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for the course schedule.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, group project, role-play, online discussions and case studies
Written assessment and practical test
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from SHATEC, and the following Statements of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- HAS-REM-2001-1.1 Provide Reservation Services
- FSS-FBS-2001-1.1 Interact and Serve Food and Beverage Customers
- Introduction to Accommodation Services
- Types of Accommodation Services
- Accommodation Products and Services
- Overview of Front Office and F&B Operations
- Importance of Multi-Skilling in a Hotel Career
- Changing Landscape of Hotel Industry
- Benefits of Multi-Skilling to Stakeholders
- Front Office Operations
- Roles and Responsibilities of Front Office Staff Agent
- Provision of Front Office Services
- Overview of Reservations Department
- Roles and Responsibilities of Reservation Staff
- Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes towards Selling
- Provision of Reservation Services
- Food & Beverage Service
- Introduction to Food & Beverage Operations
- Regulatory Requirements
- Being an F&B Professional
- The Guest Experience
- Duty of Care: Guest Safety and Security
- Guest Engagement: Professional Presentation, Communication and Interpersonal Techniques
- Guests Concerns and Feedback
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||Self- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$1,800.00||$1,800.00||$1,800.00|
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$180.00||$180.00||$1,800.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$12.60||$12.60||$126.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST||$192.60||$192.60||$1,926.00|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||Companies may log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of Additional MES or WTS funding.||N.A.||N.A.|
|2,3,4Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES /Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||N.A.||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$90.00||N.A.|
|2,3,5Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from WTS||$102.60||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and above will be eligible for up to 90% SSG funding. Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.