This course equips participants with the skills to perform back-of-the-house duties which include, provide reservation services and front-of-the-house duties including serve and interact with guests in a restaurant; front desk operations and bell services. The repertoire of skills will equip participants with the requisite competencies to be deployed across functions in a hotel.
Who should attend?
This bundle of skills is designed for the rank and file staff of a hotel to acquire the basic skills of working across different functional areas.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Theoretical foundation of different functional areas, including:
- Reservation services
- Bell services
- Front desk operations
- Basic F&B service
- Able to perform basic front desk operations and bell services
- Able to perform basic competencies essential for reservations job role
- Able to provide basic F&B service
- Adopt professional approach to discharge of duties, including professional conduct, image and interactions
- Adopt a learning mind-set and openness to diversity in the context of hospitality
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 40 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 26.5 hours
- E-learning – 12 hours
- Assessment – 1.5 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for the course schedule.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, group project, role-play, online discussions and case studies
Written assessment and practical test
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement from SHATEC, and the following Statements of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- HAS-REM-2001-1.1 Provide Reservation Services
- FSS-FBS-2001-1.1 Interact and Serve Food and Beverage Customers
- Introduction to Accommodation Services
- Importance of Multi-Skilling in a Hotel Career
- Front Office Operations
- Food & Beverage Service
|1Singaporean / Singapore PR
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$1,800.00||$1,800.00|
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$180.00||$1800.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$12.60||$126.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST1,2,5||$192.60||$1,926.00|
|Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)3,5 / SMEs||N.A.||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES2,3,5 / SMEs||N.A.||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)4,5||$90.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTS funding2,4,5||$102.60||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years old will be eligible for up to 90% SSG funding.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy
3The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
⁴WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years old and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.
⁵All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.